Monday, August 13, 2012

31 Day Polish Challenge Day 7: Black and White

So a few catch up posts now that I am back in town. For black and white day, I tried my hand at stamping. Yeah...I'm still bad at it... Oh well, "A" for effort?

I use a-England Bridal Veil for the stamping and Fingerpaints Paper Mache for the white base (which is my holy grail white, by the way). Here is the best picture I could find. Trust me...it looks much better here than it did in real life. Oh well, not every mani can be a success, right? I thought the holo in the a-England might help it stamp well, but it smeared and flaked off. I got some great stamping tips from e ladies on Makeup Alley, though, and I am going to order some Konad Black to see if I have better luck with it.



Any stamping experts out there? Or do you guys struggle with this skill as well? I am going to strive to practice more because I really do love the way stamped manis look so you guys get to look forward to more stamping tries in the future! Hopefully I will get there eventually!

4 comments:

  1. I think your stamping looks great! Lovely combo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stamping looks fine :) but if you need tips Kristina Werner from Dailysomething.com has some great video tutorials on stamping ---> http://dailysomething.com/how-to-nail-stamping/

    HTH :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check her out. I need all the help I can get!

      Delete