Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Advent Calendar Challenge Day 16: Christmas Song

So today's mani was supposed to be inspired by a Christmas song. I picked Deck the Halls and I decked out my nails with some holly!

 
 
 
I started off using one of the OPI NYC Ballet Sheers, Don't Touch My Tutu, as the base. This is 3 coats of white jelly goodness. I love the Ballet sheers and highly recommend them to anyone who wants some lovely neutral sheers.
 
 
 
 
Then I added 1 coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust. I LOVE this so much. I almost didn't add the holly.
 
 
 
 
 
For the holly, I used a dotting tool and China Glaze Ruby pumps for the berries and China Glaze Emerald sparkle for the leaves. I a white and light green striper for the accents. making the leaves was really easy. They were very "free form" and I just sort of dotted out a leaf with the dotting tool and then filled in the middle and then used the light green striper for some subtle veins in the leaves.
 
 
 
 
Thanks for looking everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. I just think your nude/holo glitter combo is so classy and edgy at the same time. I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete