Friday, May 2, 2014

Evolving Blue Mani

Hi everyone! Today I have a simple evolving mani for you. I started out with a base of American Apparel Lazuli and then added 1 coat of Darling Diva Polish Dreamy (a holo topcoat). Then, the next day, I added 2 coats of Dance Legend Sun Still Sleeps from the Candy Flakes line. Sun Still Sleeps is a little sheer, so I thought it would look best over a base color. It was opaque enough that it pretty much obscured any sparkle from underneath. Very pretty though!

dance-legend-sun-still-sleeps

dance-legend-sun-still-sleeps

dance-legend-sun-still-sleeps

Here is American Apparel Lazuli with Darling Diva Polish Dreamy alone. Dreamy is a linear holo topcoat that has several grades of holo pigment in it which gives it a more sparkly look. It isn't the most "in your face" holo topcoat out there, but I love it because it really lets the base color shine through instead of making it look greyed out.

American Apparel Lazuli is a cobalt blue creme. The formula wasn't bad, but it wasn't as nice as most of the other American Apparel cremes that I have. I found that the formula just behaved kind of strangely (hard to explain). It took 2 coats for full coverage. I also found it to be a touch stainy with my cuticles, but not the nail plate. It's one of the newer additions to their line, so it isn't a terrible choice if you are needed a cobalt blue creme, but I have others that I much prefer(Barry M Cobalt Blue, Nina Ultra Pro Cobalt). They aren't exact dupes of Lazuli, but they are in the ballpark.

darling-diva-polish-dreamy

darling-diva-polish-dreamy


Dance Legend polishes originate from Russia and you can order direct from their website (shipping took 2 months to get to me in the US from Russia, and I've heard that is about average). They are also available from LlaroweColor4Nails, and Ninja Polish which all ship to the US and internationally. 

Darling Diva Polish is available from creator Carrie's Big Cartel Shop. Darling Diva Polish is also available from Llarowe. Follow Darling Diva Polish on Facebook and Instagram for updates on new collections and restock news. 

I use American Apparel polishes quite often, and I never brag about them enough. They have a fantastic range of cremes for reasonable prices. If you are looking to expand your creme collection, be sure to give them a look! Even though I wasn't a huge fan of Lazuli, their other cremes are worth picking up. My favorites include: Hassid, Poppy, African Violet (which is d/c unfortunately), Office, Angeline, Mouse, Berry, Port, Peacock, Passport Blue, and Malibu Green. 

Thanks for looking everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Gah! That last picture!! Gorgeous!! I love both sides of the manicure, a great way to prolong the polish you are already wearing! There are many Dance Legends that I lem after but have yet to pick up a one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Oh man, I jumped off the Dance Legend cliff awhile back...there is no going back once you do! The Wow Prisms are AMAAAAZING!!

      Delete
  2. Stunning! Great layering combo as always!

    ReplyDelete